December 21, 2010

A Very Pink Skirt And A Very Small Snake

Farmgirl has a new skirt.  As I have discussed before Farmgirl loves pink and loves wearing pretty skirts around The Farm.  A friend who knows this bought her what may well be the pinkest skirt in the world.

Farmgirl has worn it non-stop.  I have had to wash it out at night when she is asleep.  Here she has chosen to wear it over her My Little Pony nightie.

Farmgirl, Crocs (Pink), Skirt (Very Pink), Nightie (Rainbow Pony Colours)
It is a very frothy type arrangement and moves a lot when Farmgirl runs or dances.  Here is an action shot.

Farmgirl Running Very Fast

In other Farm news we have had a close encounter of the snake kind.  This one was only a baby, but was taking a swim in our pool.  The Farmer sorted the situation but I am now keeping an eagle eye out for the mummy snake or any siblings...

I have also been following the flooding up in Carnarvon.  One station owner was being interviewed on the ABC radio and he described spending a night with 3 other people and 5 dogs on top of a rain water tank.  He was pretty relaxed about the concept and considered himself lucky that it wasn't worse.  How tough are country people sometimes?  I hope that the waters recede a little bit before Christmas.

I hope everyone has a great Tuesday and that no one is too strung out about Christmas plans.
Take care.

6 comments:

alliecat said...

Gorgeous skirt, I don't blame her for not wanting to take it off!

And ew, a snake in the pool?! Aargh! At least it is easily visible in the pool, and easily scooped froma distance I guess, but still, icky!

BookChook said...

That skirt is totally to die for! I am way older than Farmgirl but I just know I would be frou-frouing around in it.

Best wishes for a wonderful Christmas and snake-free New Year!

Sydney Shop Girl said...

There's something very liberating about running down the longest gravel path you can find, in a pink skirt and doing so completely on your own.

So lucky that Farmgirl has a photo of it to remind her of that feeling when she's a little older.

SSG xxx

Sydney Shop Girl blog

Favourite Vintage Finds said...

It's been great to have some WA country in my life via your lovely blog this year. Looking forward to popping in next year!

Merry Christmas!

A Farmer's Wife said...

Allie Cat - The skirt is indeed very special. The snake...not so special.

The Book Chook - Frou frouing is exactly what she has been doing! Thanks for your good wishes.

SSG - Farmgirl loves to run and loves to wear skirts! She is such an independent little spirit... I adore her even when she is doing my head completely in.

Favourite Vintage Finds - Thank you! I am looking forward to peeking at your gorgeous blog in the new year too.

Kristin @ My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia said...

Good morning, thank you for your visit :)
I love all recipe, I have so many recipes from them that I love, the best part is all the reviews!
I love the skirt, so pretty! I don't like snakes....!
Merry Christmas!
XO
Kristin