January 2, 2011

Back From The Beach

The Farm Family is back in residence at The Farm.  Unfortunately we have left The Beach and returned to real life.  Sigh.

It is super hot back home on The Farm.  The thermometer was reading 40 degrees celsius at 4.30pm when we arrived home. That's 10 degrees more than at The Beach. Sigh.  Thunderstorms are forecast for the next few days and part of the reason we were glad to return home was because of the fire risk.  Regular readers will know we have already had one fire this summer....

I have coped with the heat by pouring myself a refreshing gin and tonic. I followed the gin and tonic rules, obviously.

I am not feeling too sorry for myself though.

Guess where we are going again next weekend?

My Beach Hat
The Beach!

4 comments:

Sydney Shop Girl said...

Yay for the beach!

There's something about salt water and sand. I've only had access to salt water this weekend (outdoor pool connected to the Parramatta River), Felt almost as good as the beach.

SSG xxx

Sydney Shop Girl blog

Semi Expat said...

Good for you- a good gin and tonic - and the thought of the beach next weekend. Happy, happy new year to you and all the best for 2011. x

alliecat said...

I'm a water sign, so I hear you, I love the beach too. Hoping to get a chance to go ourselves this year..... glad to hear you had a great time!

A Farmer's Wife said...

SSG - The pool sounds fantastic. Am going to pop over and check out your giveaway next.

Semi Expat - Thanks so much.

alliecat - I'm a water sign too... Thanks for your good wishes.