I love reading Fiona's blog over at Cattle, Kids and Chaos. Like me, she lives on a farm, and I love hearing about her adventures with her gorgeous family. I especially like the fact that she is so upbeat and positive about living on the land. I think it is really important that people get to hear about the positive aspects of country life as, so often, only the negative side makes the news.
She very kindly gave me an award for my blog and even called me stylish!
As part of the award I need to list seven things about myself and then pass it on to three other bloggers.
So here goes.
- I am almost 36 years old. This fact surprises me regularly. On the inside I feel exactly like I did at about 18. Only with more wrinkles. And a couple of kids. And a husband. And very occasionally a bit more wisdom.
- I prematurely developed a grey witchy streak in my hair at about 23 years old but refused to succumb. I have an excellent relationship with the local hairdresser to keep the Cruella De Ville look at bay.
- I have only one sibling and that is my brother. He is a great guy, who loves to surf. I am very proud that he is my brother.
- I did actually grow up in the country. Both my parents are from farms and my father worked as a bank manager. We moved from country town to country town until I was at high school. I completed high school and university in Perth and moved back to the country at age 26. This was how I met The Farmer. I have been in the country ever since.
- I believe that women are often an under utilised resource in the country. So many women have many and varied skills. I love it when I hear of country women really getting amongst it and making a difference in whatever way they can.
- I am not crafty. At all. I greatly admire people who can do crafty things but know I am not one of them.
- I used to be quite anal about having a very tidy house. And then I had The Farmchildren. And the wheels really fell off the tidy house wagon. I still have to remind myself that it is OK to have some mess and that I don't want to be the type of mother who never lets the kids do anything messy.
Now as for the three blogs I wish to pass this lovely award onto...
Life With A Fussy Eater - Fussy Eater's Mum is passionate about healthy eating and has struggled to get her daughter to eat anything other than sausages. I love her blog because it is informative and she is very realistic in her approach.
SEMI EXPAT IN OZ - This is a lovely blog about an English woman who now lives in Melbourne. She is superstylish.
St Johns Wood - Georgie lives in the hills near Toowoomba. Her blog is gorgeous, I particularly love her photos.
So there it is. Thanks again Fiona.