On Christmas Day there will be our family, some of our closest friends and some of our staff for lunch (the ones who can't go home for Christmas). In the evening my in-laws will come over for a drink and some seafood. I have cobbled together a lunch menu with the idea that it should be a pretty relaxed day and I will pre-prepare as much as possible. I will have to roast a turkey that morning though but that's ok. Our friends are also bringing some of the food which always helps immensely. Thanks HG family!
So - in case you are interested - here's our menu.
- Prawns (sourced by the HG and HG boy)
- Roast turkey with Julie Goodwin's cranberry and bacon stuffing.
- Glazed ham ( I will glaze this the evening before - can't wait to make the house smell all yummy)
- Cauliflower Cheese (Farmchildren's favourite)
- Roast Vegies (brought by the gorgeous Mrs HG)
- Jamie Oliver's get ahead gravy - click here for his brilliant recipe, ours is already in the freezer
- Mustard/Cranberry Sauce etc
- Christmas Pudding (not made by me - made by the ladies at The Gravel Road Christmas Pudding Co)
- Pavlova (I will make this though)
- Brandy Butter
- Ice Cream Cake for the kids, big and small (and this was made by people at The Peters Factory and is in a box in the freezer)
So - what about your house? What's on the menu? I love hearing about other people's cooking plans. (Bit tragic really, isn't it?)
(And needless to say the wine and champagne will flow....)