|Spinach And Water Chestnut Dip|
So - here we go.
Ingredients for Spinach and Water Chestnut Dip
- 1x 300g tub of sour cream (I use light)
- 1x 230g tin of water chestnuts
- 1 box of frozen spinach (You can use fresh - just wilt it in a pan first and cut up finely)
- 1 packet of French Onion Soup mix
First of all defrost the spinach in a strainer on the sink. This lets all the extra water drain away and stops the dip being too watery and soggy. Drain the water chestnuts and chop them finely. (I should have taken some method photos but it is hard to make a photo of chopping water chestnuts look at all attractive.) In a bowl mix the sour cream, thawed spinach and chopped water chestnuts. Then add about half the packet of French Onion Soup Mix. Give it a good stir and then taste it. You may need to add a little more soup mix to taste. Then just pop it in a serving dish. That's it. Too easy!
I would normally serve this with plain rice crackers or bread. It also works well with crudites if you are feeling very virtuous.
|It is hard to make a plain white dish of green gloop look appetising in a photo|
* In regards to the dinner party rules - I think I may have gone a bit hard on rule 3 last night. The Farmer has just got up and he looks decidedly seedy and rough around the edges.....