January 16, 2014

Beachlife.

We have been having a fabulous time out here at The Beach House. Not a complete holiday unfortunately as both The Farmer and myself have had to drive back and forth to The Farm and our country town to work. Not a huge distance so we have definitely survived.   Given that temps on The Farm have been regularly in the mid 40sC the beach has been by far the better option.... After today though we are both on full-time holidays so that will be lovely.

The Farmkids have been busy beaching and enjoying themselves.  We did a bit of "landscaping" in the back garden and installed a patio/pool arrangement....

Relaxing

We also have put some quality time into really important things like teaching Herbie to skateboard.... Needless to say he prefers a snooze on our bed.

More Relaxing

Books have been read. Yummy food has been eaten and lots of bike-riding and swimming has been done.  We have had the boat in a few times and Farmgirl and I did some ski-biscuiting.

Farmgirl and I Doing Our Best Bond Girl Impression. She Has More Natural Talent Than Me.
Lots of beach walking in the evening.

Pretty

Overall, work not withstanding, we are having a great time!


I have also had a few people asking about The Beach House and what it looks like!  I will try and grab some photos next time I give it a tidy up.    Basically it is a little weather-board house that has been renovated and is quite beachy and cute.  We love it and it has always provided a great place for our family to relax. Like lots of farmer's wives I struggle to get The Farmer to relax if we are on The Farm. Every weekend turns out to be some sort of working one, so coming out here has always provided an escape for us all.

Anyway - I had best go and do exciting jobs such as changing the sheets on Farmboy's bed!

Hope everyone is enjoying summer and not completely roasting in the heat.  It has been just horrible in WA and the fires in the Perth Hills have been hideous.  55 homes lost.  Not nice at all.

Take care.

11 comments:

Barb said...

Herbie is a cutie. Glad to hear you are enjoying your holidays. Lovely weather too, hope the heat is leaving you now.
Cheers, Barb

Heidi said...

Gorgeous photos - that beach looks absolutely perfect. And you're doing exactly what I like to do on holidays - not a lot! I can't wait for our own beach holiday!! xx

Jenny Rose-Innes said...

Love that little Herbie! wishing you an excellent farming 2014 with all the right weather at exactly the right times!! xx

Faux Fuchsia said...

so gorgeous!!! xx

Housewife in Heels said...

Our summer sounds mild next to yours. Beach looks like the perfect place to cool off. Hope you enjoy your holiday x

Mel @ Coal Valley View said...

Your Summer is sounding absolutely beautiful, love a bit of sea-biscuiting. I do love your Herbie, I wonder how a little sausage dog would go with a whippet? Very tempting! Enjoy the rest of you're holidays... Mel x
ps - your wonderful giveaway has arrived - thank you so much! I will blog about it soon :-)

Domesblissity said...

I often think of the stress I go through at end of school break up time, which coincides with the start of Christmas celebrations and everything else I go through to have a week away at the beach with the kids but I swear, once I'm there, I'm so relaxed and its well worth it. You really do need to get away. glad you're enjoying summer. (PS Just don't send your hot weather to Qld when you're finished with it. LOL) xx

A Spoonful Of Urban said...

Sounds like a great holiday!

Elizabeth Musgrave said...

You have sun and blue blue skies and sea. I might have to go and have a little lie down to recover myself. We have grey....

This Mid 30s Life said...

Hello so lovely to read your blog again, it's been too long!!! So glad you had a lovely break and I promise it won't be many months before I come back (have been so slack at blogging in general so don't be offended!!). XX

Anonymous said...

Once a farmer always a farmer, im trying to get my dad and pop off their farms atm so they stop injuring themselves!