March 16, 2011

Hipstamatic Glam

Regular readers will know that I love the Hipstamatic App on my new iPhone.  I think it makes everything look just that little bit funkier.

I decided to test out its powers the other day.  I used it to take a photo of my dirty stove top.  My plan was to see if it looked hip, cool and happening once it had had the Hipstamatic treatment.

And look.

Hip Stove Top Post Cooking Pasta For Dinner

It really just looks like a dirty stove top reflecting a bit more light.

Oh well.  Worth a try.

Just so no one thinks I am a complete grot, my stove top looks like this the rest of the time. (well, maybe not all the time....)

4 comments:

Bungalowgirl said...

Hey I think you are definitely undercalling it on that photo- I think it smacks of 70's stovetop home drug lab run by a bunch of hippy arts students.

A Farmer's Wife said...

Thanks so much Bungalowgirl. That is EXACTLY the look I was aiming for!!!

Sydney Shop Girl said...

AFW
That first stove top shot is very fashion. I mean, it's the kind of backdrop US Vogue favours for its Spring Edition.

I think it's the juxtaposition of the domestic reality (well for people like me) and haute couture on the backs of supermodels (for the serious readers) that ends up in a fashion spread all ends of the market can sort of relate to.

By the way, thanks for the tip on the CWA scone mix. I'm going to whip up a few for the Royal Wedding sit in.

SSG xxx

Sydney Shop Girl blog

Anonymous said...

Ha, you crack me up!