Random Wedding Facts
- Huge wedding, lots of people, a dozen in the bridal party
- Anglican Church in town and guests on school buses to The Farm
- Way too much drinking, dancing and misbehaving (from guests and bridal party, definitely not bride)
- Drunken bus trips for guests back to town where we had booked out every possible form of available accommodation
- Wedding was summed up by close friend as "Lovely service and then huge piss up in a tent with very fashionable guests". An old family friend of The Farmer said he hadn't been to a wedding like it in 30 years...- think he may have been politely saying it was not super trendy and cutting edge.
- Wedding was in pre digital photo era so images on this post are very dodgy.
- Massive hangovers for many people next day.
- Would not actually change much as was wonderful, wonderful day
5 Things I would Change
1. Would not have drunk three quarters of bottle of vintage champagne between ceremony and reception. Had a great time at reception but some bits are kind of hazy.
2. Choosing stunning bridesmaids not best idea. Hard to look like uber glamourous bride when surround by supermodelesque bridesmaids (Have truly gorgeous friends, love them all to bits so would choose them again - but would make them wear sackcloth and ashes).
Here is a photo of bridesmaids helping me dress (actually one is helping me dress, others busy making sure their tits are correctly placed in their dresses - very, very important if bridesmaid to avoid random boob flashes)
3. Wedding photos on dusty gravel track look fantastic. Unfortunately wedding dress not as fantastic afterwards.
4. Would have not missed bus trip back to town. Apparently this is when all the real gossip worthy events occurred. And I wasn't there.
5. Would not have missed next morning in town. Apparently various guests and members of bridal party were spotted doing walk of shame very early the next morning in various state of dishevelment. Locals still talking about it.
PS Bridesmids - all jokes aside, you guys rocked then and still rock now. Mwah.