My tendency to hoard clothes, combined with my champion online shopping skills often results in a bit of a wardrobe quagmire.... Over the last few years I have got brutal and much better at culling. (Maybe wisdom comes with age?) Obviously I still have room to improve though, as I realised today that I owned sixteen pairs of jeans. If I wanted to I could have worn any of those jeans with one of the nine long sleeved black T-shirts I owned. And if I wanted something a bit more comfy I could pick from six pairs of black or grey leggings. Today's inventory made me realise a few things -
- I wear way too much denim.
- I wear way too much black.
- I didn't even have the excuse of having lost or gained weight because all the jeans were exactly the same size.
- Ten year old jeans aren't vintage, just shapeless and daggy.
- I have no excuse to internet shop for a while (although homewares could be kept in mind if I need a fix)
So I got busy and the Good Sammies bin in town is about to receive an influx of jeans, black tees and leggings.
Here are the denim survivors of the Great Wardrobe Cull of AW 2011.
|The Lucky Survivors|
Now I just need to get the nerve up to deal with my shoe collection. Before I do this I need to have a good think about exactly how many pairs of ballet flats a grown woman needs. Because I am pretty sure the answer is not eleven.
(I promise some farm news soon - we are still seeding, and it is still dry, with the rain forecast weakening. All a bit depressing really so I am trying not to think about it...)