July 31, 2011

Mud And All That Stuff.

It has been wet and rainy here on the Farm this weekend.  We have had a great time though.

Farmgirl and I baked for the first time in the new kitchen.  We made Zucchini and Red Apple Muffins from the latest Better, Homes And Gardens.  They were actually really yummy and both kids ate stacks of them so that's a big tick.

Muffins - Yum


We also gumbooted it up and went for a walk down to the creek.




Then The Farmchildren came up with the brilliant idea of going for a walk in the creek...

Farmgirl

Farmboy

Then They Dumped The Gumboots....

There was a lot of mud.  Isn't it amazing how small children don't feel the cold when fun is in the offing?
I sank up to mid thigh in mud which the kids thought was hilarious.  Farmboy had to help pull me out. I came out with a big squelch.

All this rain has made our crops look good.

Barley

I hope everyone had a wonderful weekend.

8 comments:

Sydney Shop Girl said...

Those muffins look delicious, AFW. Love the cases.

I could look at your barley crop forever. That expanse of restful green and the way it rustles with the wind.

SSG xxx

Sydney Shop Girl blog

thisbloominglife said...

Gorgeous crops and vistas. And when you decide to tackle the garden talk to me!!!! 1.7km of irrigation laid for the garden and we are so tired we can't even communicate. Enjoy those gorgeous views.

Makeminemidcentury said...

I bet that barley crop brings you much joy!

Mud. Thank goodness it's dry here.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the sound effects. I do love a good squelching gumboot adventure.

Bungalowgirl said...

Kids and mud, enough said. Everything is so green over at your place, loving it all. melx

Unknown said...

Your barley is looking fab. A friend of mine is in Melbourne this week for a grain conference, he trades grain and has just recently moved to Perth, barley, grain, canola is his thing! The muffins look absolutely delish XXX

Lisa @ Blithe Moments said...

Looks like a great weekend, but send some of that rain over to the east coast, it is bone dry and dusty here.

Kakka said...

No pic of you in the mud??? I bet the kids had such a great time, I can remember loving mud when I was little. Loving the rain here in Perth too, but apparently not much run off into the major dams which is strange - we need run off.