August 2, 2011

Frock It - Glamour On The Farm.

A fantastic blogger "This Mid 30s Life" has a link up called Frock It.  It involves linking up frocks that have made an impression on you recently - good or bad.  It is well worth popping over to have a look.  Not least of all because of this stunner from last week.

I haven't ever linked up due to the fact that day to day life on The Farm is often sadly Lacking Glamour.  That's OK though.  This week I have an entry.  There is finally a woman on The Farm who is turning up the glamour volume.  My gorgeous sister-in-law who we shall call "Fashionista Auntie K" lives in Manhattan and has sent Farmgirl a stunning Barbie and accompanying ensemble for her recent birthday.

And look - Barbie has frocked it right up.

Barbie - Doing What She Does Best

We are loving the off-the-shoulder asymmetrical feel of this gown.  The colour is obviously just perfect for Barbie and she knows that there is no such thing as too much bling.

Barbie also knows how to rock a fierce shoe. (See how good I am at fashionista language - I knew to say "shoe" in the singular.)

Yeah Baby

Barbie also knows that the best accessory is a gorgeous man. Now, pretty boys like Ken don't really cut the mustard on The Farm.  Fortunately we have a real man in our midst.  Let me present Batman.

Batman And Barbie

Like all real men, Batman is comfortable enough with his own masculinity to not be threatened by Barbie's superior height.  He happily hopped onto a tissue box to pose.  Apparently the only issue is fitting Barbie's long legs into the Batmobile....

Anyway - I hope everyone has a super glamourous Tuesday.

PS - Big huge thankyou to Auntie K and Uncle D for the Barbie present.  It is providing endless fun here on The Farm.  Sometimes I even let Farmgirl play with her.

20 comments:

Emma said...

Happy Birthday Farmgirl! Pleased to see another reverse height couple out there in blog land! (am taller than my husband). x

Lisa @ Blithe Moments said...

Oh that brings me memories of the Barbie my sister got for her 7th (I think) birthday. She too had a fishtail pink dress, just slightly more 80's. I was so jealous and cross when my sister didn't look after her and she ended up with slime (does anyone remember how you got slime in a can) in her hair. Oh the injustice!

Caroline said...

Ooooh, I want a pretty Barbie with killer heels, a pink dress and long hair, too. Is that wrong when I'm 42?!!

Sherlyn said...

Barbie was the sweetest of all the dolls I had as a young kid...
:)
Immature Adult
Is a child living inside your adult body?
http://www.3smartcubes.com/pages/tests/immaturity/immaturity_instructions.asp

This Mid 30s Life said...

Love love LOVE!! Thanks for linking up.

I was soooo into Barbie dolls, so I especially loved this one. And those shoes! I was in the Barbie Fan Club and had a necklace with a curly B on it. Oh yeah. Lap it up.

Does anyone here remember Pretty In Pink Barbie? She rocked.

A Farmer's Wife said...

I had Pretty In Pink and also Peaches and Cream. Peaches and Cream Barbie has been re-released by Mattel as part of their vintage collection. Just to make me feel old....

Tales of a Tai Tai said...

That is brilliant!! Laughed all the way through. She's a rockstar, that's for sure.....

xx

alison@thisbloominglife said...

Unfortunately we are at an age where Barbie is hidden in the shed - apparently not cool enough for a ten year old (who is scared her friends will laugh it at her). She comes out though when no one is around. And I was never allowed one. Boo-hoo

Bungalowgirl said...

Love Barbie and Batman- brings back memories of Nicole and Tom. Would love to see Barbie driving a combine that that outfit though. I think i only had 2 basic non exciting barbies but I was coveting the Spanish one with black hair for a while.melx

Amanda Kendle said...

Fantastic!! Just when I was in need of a good laugh :-)
I never got into Barbie myself. My Mum actually gave my sister and I one to share because she felt guilty that we didn't have one (we'd never asked) and I think she was very quickly abandoned by both of us. Good thing I've had a son and not a daughter I suppose.

I'm So Fancy said...

Nice. That's the kind of originality and meme spin that makes Fancy proud...

Faux Fuchsia said...

there is nothing about this post I don't like! Barbie looks excellent. I want a Fashionista Manhattan dwelling aunt too! xxx

River said...

Barbie and Batman...there's a combination I'd never thought could work.

Mrs Catch said...

Love it. Especially the shoes. Auntie K sure knows a thing or two. And Batman...well he's in a machismo league of his own...

Deb @ home life simplified said...

visiting from the rewind...

As a New Yorker living in Oz I am proud that a Manhattan Auntie upped the level of Barbie in your house - adding batman was inspired though (I think he comes from Queens or Long Island?)

A Farmer's Wife said...

Deb - thanks for your comment. I think Barbie picked up Batman at our local pub....

Life In A Pink Fibro said...

Ah, love your work. That is indeed a Fierce Shoe.

Visiting via the Rewind.

Lisa Schofield said...

I hope Barbie has a pair of gummies to put on before she hits the town otherwise those fierce shoes can be covered in a lot of fierce farm muck. Working it. Love. Hi from the Rewind

Charis said...

Cute post, made me smile!

Diminishing Lucy said...

Oh, how adorable! Farmgirl would be well at home with Lexie who is quite smitten with all things frocked on Barbie.

I recently had cause to search out some career girl images - and ended up using a Barbie image - cute!

Thanks for linking up for the Weekend Rewind! xx