June 22, 2012

Time For Excitement.

I have been so busy recently it has honestly bordered on the ridiculous.  That's OK though, we seem to be through the worst of it (cross fingers).  Things have been so all consuming that I had temporarily forgotten there was lots of fun stuff coming up for this Farm Family and that I need to get excited.  The Farmer and I are heading away for a trip in August and, most exciting, all four of us are planning on heading here in January....

Central Park - In the Snow

That's right.  New York!!!  And given that it will be January, there may well be snow.  My brother-in-law and his wife have lived in Manhattan for several years now and we decided the time had come to pay them a visit with the kids.  The Farmer and I were lucky enough to visit them once before briefly and this has made us very keen to go back as a family.  Even in January....

Incidentally The Farmchildren are doing lots of research by watching The Smurfs movie and FAO Schwarz tops their "to do" list.

Needless to say The Farmchildren are beyond excited. Although it is 6 months away, at the rate our year is going, it will come around sooner than we think.

So there you go - I have decided to look forward and get just a little bit excited.

10 comments:

Faux Fuchsia said...

I am excited for you! I hope you'll go to Rizzoli books and think of me when you shop in its panelled glory x

Emma said...

oh that is super exciting! You should definitely allow yourself to be excited!!! x

Mel @ Coal Valley View said...

I'm so excited for you too! 6 months is nothing although you may have to put up with the "how many sleeps until...." coming from the farmchildren for the next 200 nights :-D. And personally, I love travelling overseas in Winter, less tourists, more authentic AND possibility of snow. Mel x

Sydney Shop Girl said...

How exciting!!!!!!!!!!!!

SSG xxx

Anonymous said...

How exciting! We went to NY in December and it was absolutely gorgeous. Next time I go to 5th Ave though I'm going to leave the Visa at home. Suzx

Fiona said...

And to think I get excited about a trip to the hairdresser!
Hope life calms down a little for you. Happy weekend to you and yours.

Maxabella said...

A trip to New York! That is so awesome! x

Andrea said...

For a moment there I thought it was a photo of snOw on the farm....i clearly need glasses!! wasn't looking hard. ;)

Stephanie said...

How exciting, for you, we're going to NZ in September,excited too!
Steph

Donna said...

How exciting for the whole family! We are heading to the USA and Canada in July 2013 and can't wait either. It's a trip with school but 4 of us have decided to go. I want the kids to get the travelling bug and go off on their own in the future.