I am going to start with what I felt was the hardest "bit" of our garden. I have blogged about this area before - I called it my 'jungle' initially.
Here it is when we first moved in.
|Around The Back|
A lot has changed. The beautiful lemon scented gum on the left had to be removed as it was way too close to the house. I used to worry about it falling in a storm - particularly as the part of the house you can see contains The Farmkids' bedrooms. We had a huge storm recently (our first since the tree was removed) and I didn't go and get the kids and move them to another area of the house as I had done previously! So nice to not have the worry. Removing this tree has, however, left this area looking a little more open.
All sorts of plants have been used. On the right initially is a clump of New Zealand Rock Lillies (Arthropodium cirratum). They are doing really well and should clump right out.
I had never heard of them before - they have a white flower and are a lovely strappy green plant. They are supposed to be super hardy and shade loving. So far they are doing really well.
|NZ Rock Lily Or Renga Lily|
On the other side of the path from the NZ Rock Lilies are yellow-cream Clivia and some Gymea Lilies which we transplanted from another area of the garden. There is lots of lavender planted down toward the arch and we are trying to screen the tumbling down dry stone wall along the side with a hedge of Murraya paniculata or Mock Orange. They are tiny at the moment and you can hardly notice them.
|Tiny Murraya. Hurry Up and Grow.|
There is an arch which has jasmine growing over it halfway down this section of the garden and this leads you into the second 'room" which is going to be my golden rose garden. In the centre is a Crepe Myrtle underplanted with some white annuals for now.
So there we go - a little area of our garden is at least on its way. Hopefully it will all start to fill out and look a little lusher soon!
Just a quick vegie garden update. This area is doing really well. The Farmer has updated our watering system and the 'sprinkler on washing powder bucket' sytem has been replaced by a slightly more sophisticated arrangement.
Hope all is going well for everyone.