I have been spending lots of time with The Farmchildren recently and her list topic got me thinking. What are the top 5 things about having children?? Sometimes having children is hard work. The rewards are very abstract in comparison to the concrete realities of caring for them on a day to day basis. Having said that - The Farmchildren are the greatest gift I have ever received. I'm completely smitten.
So here we go, my Top 5 Things About Having Children.
1. They are the most beautiful creatures I have ever set eyes on.
There is something about your own babies that gets you every time. Perfection.
|Perfect Sleeping Baby Farmboy|
2. They return all the love I give (and I give a lot) tenfold.
There is nothing like little arms going around your neck and small mouths kissing you, whilst saying that they love you to infinity. And back.
|Perfect Sleeping Baby Farmgirl|
3. They make me laugh. Daily.
|Farmboy, In Disguise|
4. I have learnt to play again.
5. I can watch them develop into their own little people.
Both The Farmchildren have their own personalities. Some traits they have inherited from The Farmer or myself. Others seem entirely their own. I like that.
|Gorgeous Toddler Farmboy|