August 26, 2011

Falling Off The Wagon.

I have a little confession.  In these times of frugality and recycling/repurposing, I have failed.  I have completely fallen off the internet shopping wagon.   I hadn't had a shop up for a while.  Then a strange combination of events led me astray.  I had extra days at my day job (resulting in extra cash) plus a bonus, a new house and a few shortages after a massive declutter/throw out.  For people who know me, the end result was inevitable.

Realistically I haven't just fallen off the wagon.  Rather I am sitting in the dust on the side of the road watching the wagon, by now a distant speck, disappearing over the horizon.

I have had to warn the ladies at the local Post Office to make extra room behind the counter.

My visa card is now sitting in my wallet quietly whimpering.

And I have new sheets, new towels and various other new things which I am sure I need. (The new boots were absolutely necessary - I can hear my Mum laughing from here.) I just can't resist the bargains out there at the moment - even The Farmer was impressed with the deals I got.

It's OK though - I have thought long and hard about it.  If we are heading for another economic dip then I know the best thing is always a consumer led recovery.  So I am planning to lead from the front.

My Daffodil Day Flowers (unrelated to this post but pretty none-the-less)

Have a wonderful weekend.




13 comments:

Fiona said...

Consumer led recovery.
I'm all for it.

Anonymous said...

HAHAHAHAHA! I know this feeling too well. I am weak willed in the face of linen on sale. Very funny. :)

deux chiens et un garcon said...

I am feeling a bit embarrased now at the parcel pick up.

Hope you enjoy your packages.

xx

Kakka said...

A whimpering Visa card - love it. I love new manchester and have so many sheets and towels that I regularly have to cull them and then restrain from buying more.

Hope you have a great weekend too. xxx

Mummaducka said...

Hahahaha, I too know this feeling. ALL the workers (new and old) at Australia Post and the many couriers around town, know my habits!!

Anonymous said...

You are helping the economy. Throw away the guilt along with the credit card statement ;) x

Melissa {Suger} said...

Internet shopping my favourite thing EVER!! And I just LOVE packages in the post.

:: visiting from the rewind ::

Lisa @ .Simply Me. said...

I have never been on the wagon, let alone fallen off ;) Internet shopping is so good for the soul, and it must be handy for you in the country.

MultipleMum said...

I can see the smoke coming off your credit card from here. Done and dusted in a few short minutes too I bet. A binge! As the wife of a store owner I thank you for your consumer-led recovery efforts. You rock! Thanks for Rewinding x

Princess Kate said...

Well done, for doing your bit to save the economy. I try my hardest too, when possible. Enjoy your new boots!

Tammy said...

I'm sitting there with you right now :)

Lisa @ Blithe Moments said...

I've been leading that recovery for awhile now! I decided to record everything I spend in a spreadsheet in the hope that it would make me save more. Now it just stands as a reminder of how fantastic the internet is!

Emma said...

Oh good! I can live vicariously through you!!! Please share all fabulous purchases with your fans. xx