September 9, 2011

Cute Birds. Etsy Love.

I love Etsy.  It always makes me feel like I am an arty, crafty and eclectic type person, even though I am not at all.  As part of my recent fall off the internet shopping wagon, I did hop on Etsy.  I was looking for some cute bird ornaments that were not going to break the bank.  Farmgirl absolutely loves birds and this house is surrounded by them, so I had decided (in my wisdom) that I needed some for the house.

And do you know what?  The Shopping Gods were smiling warmly down at me and I found 3 beautiful specimens.  In a fantastic Etsy shop called Hunt and Peck.   Before I knew it these little birds were flying their way across the ocean as they migrated from the US to The Farm.  (OK - so they were wrapped in bubble wrap and pink tissue paper in an airmail box but I won't tell if you won't.)

One landed on a lamp table.

Bird Number One

One landed on a shelf in the kitchen.

Bird Number Two

And one very clever little specimen managed to fly right inside the glass fronted book case.

Bird Number Three

Farmgirl and I are thrilled.  I keep finding her looking at them.

Everyone have a brilliant weekend.

PS - I have linked up with Multiple Mum over at And Then There Were Four for the Rewind.  Pop over and have a little look!

8 comments:

TheThingsIdTellYou said...

I'm not an ornament person at all (except Willow Tree. I want WT in every single design they have). But these birds are adorable! I want them now. In my house!

TheThingsIdTellYou said...

Don't suppose there is a link? Etsy has 179 853 items under bird. I'm not liking my chances of finding them before my drugs kick in,lol.

I'm prepared to beg, steal or bribe. I may offer sexual favours, but really, you'd need to just *give* me that blue bird for them.

A Farmer's Wife said...

Melissa - if you click on the words Hunt and Peck in the above post it should take you through to the correct Etsy shop. They did still have the birds last night... I haven't looked today though.

Sydney Shop Girl said...

I love those birds, AFW!

They look perfect in your kitchen!

SSG xxx

Sydney Shop Girl blog

Lisa @ .Simply Me. said...

How gorgeous, we all need special pretty things like these to keep our eyes occupied! Farmgirl has the right idea :)

Hello Vintage said...

These are really cute! I seem to find myself buying this type of thing. I know what you mean about checking out Etsy and it making you feel arty/crafty as I am the same. Lol. At least I can live it though others! Sherry :)

LPC said...

Those birdies are terribly cute.

Lisa @ Blithe Moments said...

I love those birds, they are gorgeous. I have a feeling that there may be a run on Hunt and Peck after this post!